Originally built around 1880, this building was the office of the Bronson Company, an influential player in the forest products industry and the development of hydroelectricity. Located on Victoria Island in the Ottawa River, it’s now a recognized Federal Heritage Building. In the 1960s, the building became the property of the National Capital Commission (NCC) and was home to the Ottawa-Hull Naval Association for several years.
Our mandate for the building was to prepare all exterior elevations as well as some typical details showing the existing conditions of the building as a reference for a potential rehabilitation.
Recognized Federal Heritage Building