Declared as a heritage property by the City of Ottawa and the Province of Ontario, the Martineau Hotel was built around 1872. In 1979, this historic building almost vanished due to a fire. Located in the ByWard Market, the building was expanded in the 1980s with a wing on Parent Avenue. It now houses shops and offices.
Our mandate for the building was to prepare the exterior elevation of the wing located on Parent Avenue, complete with individual masonry elements identified and numbered, to be used by the contractor to help coordinate and prepare masonry rehabilitation.