61 Principale - Photo

Declared as an historic site by the former Town of Aylmer and the Heritage Association, the "Lakeview House" was built between 1850 and 1860 by Robert Conroy. The house was home to M. Conroy until his death in 1968; the Conroys retained ownership of the house for another 50 years. In 1916, it was purchased by Baron Armand de Bruyne, where he would live until his death in 1928 followed by his wife in 1935. It was then sold to Mrs. Louise Chamberlain, who converted the building into apartments. In the ensuing years, the building served as the restaurant "L’Auberge du Château".

Our mandate for the building was to prepare the plans, elevations and building sections, in all a set of architectural documents showing the existing conditions of the building for future reference.

  • 61Princ1

    South elevation

  • 61Princ2

    North elevation

  • 61Princ3

    West elevation

  • 61Princ4

    East elevation

  • 61Princ5

    Longitudinal section

  • 61Princ6

    Ground floor plan

  • 61Princ7

    Second floor plan