The construction of this church on the shore of the Gatineau River started in 1886. However, the interior was not to be finished until 1901, due to a lack of funds.
We owe the beauty of this church to the priest-architect Georges Bouillon, well known both in the Outaouais region and in Ottawa. He indeed designed the Notre-Dame Basilica in Ottawa as well as many other churches in the area.
We have used this building as a subject to test a new recording technique and to adapt a current recording method to a new application, stained-glass windows.